Monday, April 12, 2010

No Peace

3-31-2010

I’m tired tonight. It could be from my alarm blaring this morning before my eight hours were finished, but I don’t think that’s it. It could be the fact that I’m in the middle of exam week and am bogged down with writing tests and grading them along with stacks of writing assignments, but I don’t think that’s it either. It could have to do with my university starting registration for the Fall semester and the fact that I feel lost in my future plans, I’m not sure if that’s it either, although we’re getting closer. I don’t have peace tonight, and I don’t know. Throughout my life I’ve always been addicted to the hectic lifestyle and I’ve always had a tendency to do a little worrying, but to be honest my peace always felt intact. Lately, I’ve been feeling like my peace is in pieces. I need to do some searching, but I’m tired.

I like prayer. I can’t say I fully understand it, but I like it. I like asking someone for prayer and then hearing that they’re praying for me. It’s comforting. Tonight, I am tired. I should probably be that megachristian and pull an all nighter in prayer and fasting, but the Lord knows how short my attention span is and He knows I would fall asleep after only a few minutes. So tonight I am asking Jesus to pray for me. I figure if He prayed for Peter before the man betrayed Him, then He certainly can pray for me. If He can intercede for me and be my High Priest then I’m certain that He must utter prayers on my behalf once in a while. I’m not copping out. I’m not just saying, “Dear Jesus, Pray for me. Thanks. Amen” I’m just saying that He is going to pray for me and coincidentally He is also the one who has all authority in heaven and on earth. I think I’m in good hands. I don’t think I have much to worry about. Maybe tomorrow, I will wake up with my peace in one piece, shining with the glow of God’s approval, doused in His grace, His love, and His wisdom. Jesus left me with His peace, now I just have to remember where I left it...

No comments:

Post a Comment