Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend Adventure: The Beginning

4-12-2010

Maybe some of you can empathize with me; those of you who are really into camping or my fellow missionaries. You know that feeling you have after not showered for days. Today was my first real shower in almost 2 weeks. Now, I know that sounds gross, but I have been able to squat under the sink and get quite clean, but this weekend, while venturing across the country, I went days with no shower. Just some wet wipes, a toothbrush, and some deodorant. Our trip started Thursday night and we have just arrived back to our flat this rainy Monday morning. Luckily, when we returned there was a shiny new showerhead hanging in our bathroom ready to cleanse me of all the yuck I put on throughout my travels. You know the feeling when you feel so filthy; greasy hair, smelly body, dirty face, but then it all goes down the drain when you step under the warm, flowing water of the shower. It’s a great feeling! I feel clean, completely clean for the first time in a long time. I again feel comfortable in my little Soviet home, but this weekend was completely indescribable and I am not quite ready to be locked in the city again. If I could, I would trade the shower for a week more in the country. I would love to just sit here and type out all the adventures and crazy things that happened, but it would take a long time, and I would start to get slack on the details, and you would miss so much. So, I am going to take this whole week and share a piece of my adventures with you every day.

It all started on a bus, traveling to a bus station, listening to my watch tick, reminding me how late I am and feeling my stomach churn...

No comments:

Post a Comment